Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bathroom QR Codes!

Hi Friends!

So I watched a periscope today by Miss Meg from Meg's New Box of Crayons all about how she uses a QR code to keep track of her second graders leaving the room...and last year she did it with firsties. Mind. BLOWN.

This is going to help me stay organized this year with my fifth graders. AND - they will want to sign out and in, because they will get to use the iPad to do so. Yep.

So...how does it work?

When one of my darlings needs to leave the room (bathroom, drink, nurse, office, etc...), they will grab an iPad (we have two in our classroom from DonorsChoose!) and scan the QR Code.

When they do -- the will see this!

The student will then choose their name from the drop down menu.


And then click on where they are heading.

Finally - they click SUBMIT. And off they go -- leaving the iPad in the classroom. When they click SUBMIT - their info automatically goes into a spreadsheet on my google drive, connected to the form.



AND did I mention it TIME STAMPS them?? When my little lovely returns from wherever their travels have taken them - they check back in - this time using the check-in QR.


Again - their info is added to a spreadsheet.
I am going to be able to easily see my frequent flyers, and those who take a crazy amount of time getting a drink. I will have that data handy for my data-driven-decision-making when I decide to chat with them about their time out of the room.

Plus - I think it is pretty cool.

Check out the youtube tutorial here from Miss Meg ---> CLICK HERE ---> if you want to create your own check in/check out system.

Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment