Saturday, August 29, 2015

Math Stations - Week ONE!

I blogged earlier about how I am setting up my math class this year with stations. I have decided that we will jump right in on Week 2 of school and get these lovelies going! This week we are working on multi-digit multiplication. I quickly found out on Friday that my students didn't get as far as I had hoped last year, so we are spending more time on this concept than anticipated - but hey! That's the teacher life! Adapting to everything!

Okay - back to the stations. I have four stations going in my room. Each group will visit 1 station each day M-Th. On Friday we will have quizzes, tests, and other goodies (including working on the computers for Accelerated Math). My stations are as follows:

M: Math games
A: At your seat
T: Timed practice
H: Hands-on

Here is my overview for the week that will be posted on the group board.


Let's start with M: Math Games. This week: DICE DIGITS!
I am going to be using a FREEBIE for the worksheet portion of this station. You can find the freebie HERE on tpt.  

Up next is A: At Your Seat. This week is task cards around double digit multiplication. The cards I am using have QR codes on them, but I don't believe I will have them check their work this week. 
The task cards I am using can be found HERE (also a FREEBIE!) And they are so super cute!! I mean seriously - look at these cutie pie owls.


The next station is T: Timed Practice. This week they are going to be practicing multiplication facts for two minutes. They will then check their work and create flash cards for 10 problems that they got wrong.


Lastly, we have H: Hands On. This station is going to be the one that changes the most. Some weeks they will just have manipulatives to use. Other weeks, perhaps they will be on the computer. Some weeks will be a STEM type of activity. I am just going to roll with what I can find and create this year. This week, students will be making Cootie Catchers to work on their 8 facts. I found that this was where so many of them made mistakes this past week - so I want to make sure to focus on them this week. 

I got the cootie catchers as another FREEBIE (hey - don't judge, I don't get paid til next week), and you can find it HERE. It is super cute, and easy for the kiddos to do. 

Whoo! That is it for now. It is definitely going to take some planning, and some practice, but I am SUPER hopeful that my students will benefit immensely from this new format. Questions or comments? Leave em below!

Til next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment