Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Day of Random Thoughts

Today in my fifth grade classroom, we worked on making Mother's Day cards. My students carefully chose colors and supplies to make their mom the perfect card. I even let them use, GASP, glitter!!

Any students who wanted to use glitter had to use it in the "glitter zone", as I didn't want to end up with glitter everywhere. It worked...I mean as much as it can work for 10 year olds.

It is always hard for me when this time of year comes around. I find myself thinking back about my mom and wishing she were here to enjoy this time with me and my babies. I know she is always with us, and watching over us, and I feel her daily. But, it just isn't the same. I never thought that I would be a mother without my mom here. I always pictured her at my side and as a confidant as I figured out this whole motherhood thing. I think I am doing an okay job, just not the way I had always thought it would go.

Landyn is such a silly goober these days. He loves to run around and talk about cars, trains, airplanes, and truly just enjoys being around his sister (which I love!). Savannah is sitting up, babbling, rolling over and trying to scoot. She doesn't quite get that she needs to go forward, but she will learn that eventually :)

We recently had a mommy and me photoshoot where I was reminded about how much my kids really do love me :)


While Landyn was a terror during the shoot, Michelle from Sweet Perspectives Photography was able to capture this moment of the two of us, standing on a rock in the lake, and I LOVE it!! Savannah, of course, loves to be cuddled, so this shot of the two of us truly shows our bond.

This week is also Teacher Appreciation Week! My school has done some awesome things for us. We received frames that had been signed by our students, with words they had written about us included. It truly made me remember why I teach. We also have had some breakfast and lunch treats, and today received our third installment of the "Teachers Rock" cds. My students have been spoiling me as well, with lots of handmade goodies!
Lastly, I feel so blessed that I have found an outlet for my creativity. I love creating things for my Etsy and Teachers Pay Teachers shop. This is my latest item on sale, and my students have done a great job with it reviewing all of the math we have learned this year.

I think that is it for now :)

- Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment