Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Overcast does not equal safe skin!

Today was our DARE graduation for our fifth graders. We sat in the auditorium, all proudly adorning out lime green DARE shirts and listened as 8 brave fifth graders, with immense talent in writing shared their winning essays. Miss Abby from my class delivered an amazing essay, which she made rhyme throughout the entire thing. I am so proud to have taught her this year, along with my other little loves.

Following the essays, poster winners were announced (Mr. Nick from my room), and the students all said their DARE pledge. They said "I will" to different ways to turn down drugs and alcohol and pledged to live a drug and alcohol free life. I was very proud of them, as was the audience (full of moms, dads, grandparents and siblings).

Then it was off to the game!

We went to Dodd Stadium in Norwich to watch the UCONN Huskies battle URI. My students and I, of course, had to take a selfie.
The day was perfect. It was overcast and cool, with a nice breeze. Never once did I think about my poor, pasty skin that hadn't seen any sort of sunlight in months thanks to this eternal winter we have been living in. Which, on a sidenote, as much as I adore the movie "Frozen", I think Mother Nature saw it a few too many times and was inspired! So back to the skin. We enjoyed the game, got back to school and one of my students mentioned I got a little red. No big deal...until I got home and saw my face.
Yes, it hurts as much as it looks like it does. And you can see where my side bang goes. Lots of aloe on my face tonight and hopefully it won't look too bad tomorrow, because guess what?! We have another field trip.

To the opera.

You know you're jealous ;-p

Night all,

Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment