Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hello....and goodbye.

These days I am quite a busy lady! I work full time teaching my lovely fifth graders. I work full time as a mommy to two beautiful children. I work full time as a wife to my hubby. And I work part time as a crafter now!

Due to all of this juggling, something had to go, and that something has been something that I have been doing for the past 6 years - coaching cheerleading. I have coached cheer at my school for 6 years. I have seen girls come in as little sixth graders and leave as mature (sort of!) eighth graders. These girls have been there during my mom dying, me getting married, having both L and S, and many other life events. Yesterday, we had our end of the season banquet (a little late). The girls came down to my classroom and decorated cups with vinyl I had cut. We chatted and enjoyed our last day together.
Yesterday, we also said hello to the opera! My students have been learning about the opera in music class, and the culminating activity is viewing an opera performance. This year, we saw "Gianni schicchi". My students seems to enjoy it.




Last night, my good friend Rachelle came over. She recently got a Silhouette Cameo!! (welcome to the dark side!!), and I showed her some tricks that I have learned since getting mine for Christmas. We worked on creating her very first HTV shirt, one that says "Beach Babe" for her daughter, S. You can check out her blog also! (mycreativechaos107.blogspot.com).

I also made L a new shirt for the summer :) It will be available in my etsy shop soon! If you would like one before then, please just message me.





And last, but certainly not least...here is your daily dose of cuteness from the Vaclavik kiddos :)




Have a great day!
- Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment